Reading Time: 7 minutes
Before we begin, let’s precisely understand what an SEO strategy means.
An SEO approach or Search engine optimization strategy is the procedure of organizing, planning, and executing plans that are designed to increase website traffic and search engine rankings.
SEO is the most crucial element to expand traffic at your site as well as to create brand awareness. With easy access to the internet, there is a huge crowd at the content creation space. Correspondingly, there are a billion people who are in search of certain data and information. This particular piece of information is available at numerous spaces on the internet. The user can access any one of those.
Your job is to be at their reach. How do you do that? SEO tools and strategies.
As per a report by Hub Spot, it is seen that around 80% of the traffic at a site is a result of search inquiries. This highlights the importance of SEO strategies for decent content marketing.
SEO strategies to equip
The algorithms and trends on the internet are constantly restructured. As a result, it’s vital to be updated with the most recent trends and news. Ruling the SEO world requires a great amount of study as well as research. But no worries! We have done all the research work for your SEO strategies already.
You may have heard of the saying, “content is the king.” Well, we say, “keyword/s is the king”.
Keywords are basically words or phrases that the users on the internet search their content by. Keyword searches are the ultimate SEO strategy! Once you have the proper list of keywords targeted at your niche market, you have already won 50% of the game.
There are a number of free tools on the internet to do your keyword research, like:
- Google AdWords
- Keyword tool dominator
- Answer the public
Once you have a list of keywords that are trending in your niche market, you are good to go!
Analyse the Trend
Trend is an important property in every genre, to be included in the market. Similarly, this is a step to be a part of the trend that the niche market is following.
For this, all you need to do is:
- Type the keywords on Google.
- Read the suggested articles and blogs that pop up.
- Get a hang of the trend that the other popular sites and blogs are following. This helps you comprehend what the users of your niche market want.
- Do not copy any of them. Instead, shuffle the ideas and assemble your own pattern. By doing so, you will be a part of the crowd but also standout.
Backlinks are specifically treasured in SEO strategies’ ranking. This is because backlinks signify a “vote of confidence” directed at a particular site from another site in the market. Backlinks are more like a highlight to search engines about the demand of your content in the market.
Consequently, backlinks affect the ranking of your site in the most positive way that you can imagine. Here are the various ways to create backlinks:
- Register with online or offline directories like Yellow Pages, Yelp, etc. This will make it easier for potential clients to get to your website and decide for themselves if you are right for them.
- Try commenting on popular blogs and posts that are relevant to your scope of business. This will help the followers find you and check up on your site.
- Guest blogging is a good way to earn backlinks. You just have to write content for the relevant sites and mention about your business/ site with a link in the blog. This is an effective way to enhance your market presence.
Semantic SEO is the process of content creation using words that are not exactly keywords but somehow related to the keyword research. This ensures that the search topic is fully covered through the generic keywords as well as through the related words.
This is important nowadays because Google scans a topic not only through keywords but also through the actual topic. Semantic SEO helps with the website traffic as Google suggests your content to users who search the topic even if they miss the keywords.
Here’s your guide to semantic SEO:
- Type your keywords on Google.
- Once the content pages start popping up, scroll down o the bottom of the page.
- You will come across a section called “related searches”.
- Now sprinkle these words all over your content.
Keyword Rich URL
This is a very short but effective SEO strategy that is usually overlooked by most of the content creators in the market. In addition to highlighting the domain itself, keyword-rich URL has been an added advantage in the category of SEO strategies.
Suppose a user is searching for something online and he/she comes across content with not just the keyword of their search, but also interlink to a relevant site. How great would that be?
Here’s how to create keyword-rich URLs:
- Do all the keyword research for your content.
- List down the most important ones.
- Use the keywords with the highest search volume.
- Avoid using characters or superfluous words.
- Keep it short.
- Wise usage of canonical tags.
A section on Frequently Asked Questions, permits the content users and visitors to get all their answers to their queries in one frame. This saves the time of the users and they already get inclines to your page for further queries. This is the best tool for voice search optimization as well.
Here’s how to build a FAQ section:
- Run a quick review of your niche market.
- Get hold of what is trending.
- Try to frame obvious questions that are related to it.
- Keep it short and precise.
- Interlink to your other content or sites.
Search Intent Optimization
When the clients search for something on the internet, they look for relevant material that is appropriate for their matter of interest. Following the user’s search intent makes it easier for you to drive the hot leads to your site.
Earlier, content marketing and SEO was all about keywords, but now, Google has shifted to deriving data from the user experience. It uses the search intent of the consumers to provide relevant suggestions to their search results.
Here are the steps to conduct search intent optimization:
- Chalk out your niche market.
- Map the keywords matching the search intent of the customers.
- Follow the content that your competitor is putting up. Analyze the hooks and trends.
- Update your existing content to get into the flow of the search intent of the users.
This has to be the most underrated part of the content creation and SEO process for now. Pictorial representation has always been attractive to the human eye.
If you want to grab attention to your content and site, then do spend time and resources on relevant designs to match the tone and flow of your content.
Here’s what you can include in the content to make it look attractive:
- Input the boring parts like statistics and figures in the form of charts and graphs.
- Blog banners the highlight! That is everything that is going to appeal to the user to stay on your page initially.
- Use relevant illustrations to describe the product or format that you work with.
- Screenshots of headlines from various banners and papers do reflect a sturdy impression.
- Include pictures of the product design or whatever it is, that you are writing about
The dynamics of the world are constantly changing. So are the trends and the search intent of the users. In such a situation, updating and evaluating the older content is as much important as feeding the new content with updates.
So it is vital that you feed your old content with the changing facts and figures after every interval.
These are what you need to check up on while updating content:
- Figures and changing numbers.
- Search intent.
- Effect of any present happening on that of the topic that you have written about.
- Market size.
- Additional customer demands related to that topic or niche market
It is very important to update and design your website to fit the interface of a mobile screen. Blogs are mostly read on phones. According to a recent study, the sites that are mobile-user friendly have been scoring really well in the present times.
Make your site mobile friendly by following these:
- Make sure to use a large font for your site.
- Ensure that the site id is responsive.
- Compress the photos.
- User-friendly interface
Use of Alt Tags
An alt tag, correspondingly branded as an “alt element” or an “alt narrative,” is basically an HTML feature. It is used with picture tags to offer a substitute for a text for the search engine. Using alt tags for product design photos and images can greatly impact the SEO ranking of a page.
- Provide a decent description of the image that you have provided.
- Use short Alt tags.
- Use keywords in the tags.
A sitemap is a major tool for decent SEO rankings which holds a record of the pages in your site for better navigation. SEO is needed in fetching in revenue as well as traffic to the website. Search engines make use of these sitemaps to guide and comprehend the structure of your site. On the other hand, the viewers can use them to swiftly navigate to their needed content on your website.
- Evaluate and review the architecture of your content.
- Validate the codes of the URLs that you use.
- Add and submit the sitemaps.
Landing Pages help to track the activities and trends of the users when they visit your site. Consequently, the main purpose of a basic landing page is to improve the quality of user experience, especially the new ones. This is a major reason in itself to be applied as an SEO strategy.
- Use keywords in the landing page.
- Make the content public so that it can be shared.
- Secure backlinks to your landing page.
Blogging enhances the quality of SEO rankings by placing your site as a pertinent response to your consumers’ queries. Blogs that precisely use a diversity of on-page SEO optimization strategies have the potential to boost your SEO rankings and grab the attention of the consumers.
Here’s how to make a successful blog:
- Use relevant keywords.
- Provide an offer of subscription for better engagement.
- Optimize the pictures that you use.
- Make use of social media to expand the reach of the blog posts.
Blogs are the most influential brand awareness tool in recent times. Blogs are regarded as the fourth most trustworthy source for correct facts. It is said around80% people buy valuable products only after reading the reviews on various blogs.
A sole captivating blog post has the potential to sway masses in the direction of your brand and product. This is why SEO strategies are so important to guide the masses in the correct direction as per their requirements.
Hopefully, this has been helpful. For more such content, follow us, TheCodeWork.